twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Korean Air


ARRIVING
~KJ We arrived at the SDA Language Institute on Wednesday, 6/20/07, at about 9:00 PM. We were shown down an alleyway to a gate and through another door, which was our guest apartment. It is a small four bedroom apartment with a bathroom, two stand alone showers, and a small kitchen with a table. Almost like a studio apartment with a bathroom and bedrooms. There are two other couples staying with us; one couple from American and the other from Mongolia, who are taking the orientation to teach English using the Korean curriculum. The apartment definitely did not feel welcoming when we first got there, probably because I was tired and not used to the atmosphere. But I slept very well and woke up feeling fine. Teddy experienced NO jet lag the days to come. It took me a few days to re-hydrate, which I will explain later, and I was a little sleepy during the first few days. The other discomfort was we started the first morning with a cold shower because the hot water was not turned on. We were later shown how to turn it on. The hot water traveled through the floor, warming up parts of the floor in our bedroom. I can see how it would be nice to sleep on the floor in the winter. To my understanding, many Korean’s don’t use the hot water for showers in the summer. we slept on American beds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment